Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » General News and Discussion » THE LOST PINES RESORT

Post-a-picture threads, scrapbooking ideas, general polls, photography tips, general chit-chat and more!
8/29/2017 8:14 PM
KnightRider
Chip 'n' Dale
KnightRider

So there's this resort out in the woods called the Lost Pines Resort in Austin, TX. The resort has a Hyatt Regency hotel that you stay at, a pool/lazy river/water slide, tennis courts, a horse trail, and a yard where s'mores are hosted nightly.

We stayed May 31-June 3. On the way the morning of the trip, we stopped at the Cracker Barrel in Cypress, and we stopped for lunch at the DQ in Giddings. (Note: You'll almost always find a DQ in a town that's big enough for 3 or more chain restaurants) When we arrived, the pool was filled with lots of kids. And yes, we were the fools who decided to go down the water slide with a line full of kids.

A photo of the empty lazy river.

Part of the dinner buffet at Firewheel Cafe.

The breakfast buffet was IMPRESSIVE. Lots of foods, such as pancakes, waffles, an egg station, bacon, sausage, biscuits, fruit, donuts, muffins, cinnamon rolls, and more. I got waffles, eggs, sausage, a biscuit, a cinnamon roll, and breakfast potatoes the first morning. The second morning i got the same thing, except I got pancakes instead of waffles, and bacon instead of sausage.

The water slide

The fire pit used for roasting the s'mores

Overall, a fun resort, and if you happen to live in Texas, it's something you should check out.
0 permalink