Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » WDW News and Rumors » Pete's Silly Sideshow

Discuss Walt Disney World news and rumors including character news, press releases, closures, openings & more
8/21/2011 8:46 AM
disneyphilip
Peter Pan
disneyphilip

According to http://wdwnewstoday.com/ and their Twitter feed, Pete's Silly Sideshow in the New Fantasyland's Storybook Circus is in fact going to be a character meet-and-greet area.

No further details have made their online at this time, but let's hope that there'll be a bunch of unique characters in it.
0 permalink
8/21/2011 1:38 PM
readercck
Minnie Mouse
readercck

Oh way cool! Do you think they will FINALLY bring out a Pete character
0 permalink
8/27/2011 8:29 PM
disneyphilip
Peter Pan
disneyphilip

readercck Wrote:
Oh way cool! Do you think they will FINALLY bring out a Pete character

Well, I personally think so. There have been rumors of Pete finally coming to the parks as a meetable character lately.
0 permalink
8/28/2011 8:20 AM
Loren
Peter Pan
Loren

There have also been rumors of Pete and Oswald appearing in Disney California Adventure once the construction is done, so, it's conceivable the rumors could come true.

--
Visit Castles, Capes & Clones for discussion about the entire Disney Universe - from Disney (Castles), Marvel (Capes) and Star Wars (Clones)!

Like Castles, Capes & Clones on Facebook

Follow Castles, Capes & Clones on Twitter

Follow Castles, Capes & Clones on Google+
+2 permalink
8/28/2011 10:38 AM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

Yeah, definitely hope that Pete and Oswald start appearing somewhere. This would make an obviously location for Pete... and hopefully the three little pigs as well.

--
Visit the Disney Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and information!
+1 permalink
8/28/2011 11:09 AM
disneyphilip
Peter Pan
disneyphilip

Loren Wrote:
There have also been rumors of Pete and Oswald appearing in Disney California Adventure once the construction is done, so, it's conceivable the rumors could come true.

Hope DCA will get Horace, Clarabelle, the 3 Little Pigs, etc. as well.

Do you know where in DCA those characters might appear? Buena Vista Street? Paradise Pier?
0 permalink
8/28/2011 12:15 PM
Loren
Peter Pan
Loren

I hope DCA gets Horace, Clarabelle, the 3 Little Pigs and all the old school characters as well. I've heard rumors they'd meet in the park where Maliboomer used to be in Paradise Pier. But, they have yet to progress on that park. But, they could easily fit on Buena Vista Street as well. So, I say they shouldn't limit them.

--
Visit Castles, Capes & Clones for discussion about the entire Disney Universe - from Disney (Castles), Marvel (Capes) and Star Wars (Clones)!

Like Castles, Capes & Clones on Facebook

Follow Castles, Capes & Clones on Twitter

Follow Castles, Capes & Clones on Google+
+1 permalink
8/28/2011 12:32 PM
disneyphilip
Peter Pan
disneyphilip

Loren Wrote:
I hope DCA gets Horace, Clarabelle, the 3 Little Pigs and all the old school characters as well. I've heard rumors they'd meet in the park where Maliboomer used to be in Paradise Pier. But, they have yet to progress on that park. But, they could easily fit on Buena Vista Street as well. So, I say they shouldn't limit them.

True.

It will be awesome to finally have guaranteed locations for the likes of Horace, Clarabelle, Oswald, Pete, the 3 Little Pigs, Big Bad Wolf, Clara Cluck, Clarice, etc. in the parks. (I also wonder if Mortimer Mouse might come to the parks too, because he has also been featured prominently on DCA's construction walls with the other shorts characters.)

Hope we'll hear more about that as well as Pete's Silly Sideshow and the Town Square Theater rumors I shared back in April sooner than later.
edited by disneyphilip on 8/28/2011
0 permalink
8/28/2011 7:53 PM
disneyphilip
Peter Pan
disneyphilip

P.S.: It would also be nice if Horace were to join Clarabelle at Santa's Reindeer Round-Up and/or Toontown at DL this holiday season.
0 permalink
8/31/2011 3:20 PM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

Inside the Magic just posted a little extra tidbit about Pete's Silly Sideshow:

Not only is Dumbo part of the circus, but also a few additional acts as well. Pete’s Silly Sideshow will be a meet-and-greet featuring characters from “all over the world” - all familiar faces with circus-themed appearances. As an example, Mallwitz offers The Great Donaldo, a new role for Donald Duck to play as a “very famous snake charmer from the Far East.”

edited by PeterPanFan on 8/31/2011

--
Visit the Disney Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and information!
0 permalink
8/31/2011 3:56 PM
disneyphilip
Peter Pan
disneyphilip

Why would they put main characters like Donald and Goofy at the Silly Sideshow if they're going to be at the Town Square Theater?

That could compromise character integrity...

Then again, they did say that the list of possible characters at the Sideshow is not finalized yet.
edited by disneyphilip on 8/31/2011
0 permalink