Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Disney Gaming and Apps » Disney Parks Mobile App

Forum for discussion about Disney video games and apps
the topic is closed |
8/28/2011 7:57 AM
Loren
Peter Pan
Loren

I don't know if anybody has tried the official Disney Parks Mobile App, but I found it completely useless for character meet-and-greets. I'm usually not one of those people who complain about Disney and I usually have a positive attitude about things they're working on, but, I found the character finder on the Mobile App completely frustrating and annoying. It's pretty and professional looking, but, it's completely useless for character finding.

First of all, it has this giant list of characters divided into various categories, many of which I know aren't regularly out in the park. Seeing the list made me wonder, though, if they were out and about and just kept repeatedly missing them. But, in the end, I think they just included any character that makes an appearance ever in either Disneyland OR Walt Disney World.

Then, for some reason, Rapunzel, Flynn Rider, Phineas and Ferb, Vidia and a couple others are listed as "Pixar Pals." Not sure why, since they have "Princesses and Prince," "Disney Channel Stars" and "Disney Fairies" categories.

And, finally, despite knowing that certain characters were out and about yesterday, the App kept telling me that they were not appearing in the park that day. For example, I was in line waiting to meet Ariel at Sleeping Beauty Castle and it said she was not appearing at Disneyland that day. I did the same thing as Aurora and Cinderella passed by me in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle. And, there was absolutely no mention about Boba Fett and Captain Rex being out yesterday.

The only thing the App told me is that Tinker Bell was meeting in Pixie Hollow during their standard hours and Rapunzel was in her meet-and-greet area also during her hours. The thing is that this is information that I already know from the Times Guide. I don't need an App to tell me this. What I do need for it to tell me is when the random characters out and about that day will be out.

Has anybody else had the same experience? Does it work better at Walt Disney World? Just curious.

--
Visit Castles, Capes & Clones for discussion about the entire Disney Universe - from Disney (Castles), Marvel (Capes) and Star Wars (Clones)!

Like Castles, Capes & Clones on Facebook

Follow Castles, Capes & Clones on Twitter

Follow Castles, Capes & Clones on Google+
+2 permalink
8/28/2011 10:40 AM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

Don't really find this surprising :\ The Disney website's are universally useless for detailed information... especially for characters... so not surprised the same would be true of their app :\

--
Visit the Disney Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and information!
0 permalink
8/28/2011 12:13 PM
Loren
Peter Pan
Loren

Yeah, I agree about the Website. But, they advertise the Mobile App as being helpful to finding the characters you want to meet where the Website doesn't. So, in that regard, I think it's a fail. But, like you said, it's not really surprising either.

--
Visit Castles, Capes & Clones for discussion about the entire Disney Universe - from Disney (Castles), Marvel (Capes) and Star Wars (Clones)!

Like Castles, Capes & Clones on Facebook

Follow Castles, Capes & Clones on Twitter

Follow Castles, Capes & Clones on Google+
0 permalink
the topic is closed |