Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » WDW News and Rumors » MNSSHP Party Details starting to leak out

Discuss Walt Disney World news and rumors including character news, press releases, closures, openings & more
8/29/2011 3:25 PM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

Some of the details about the changes this year for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party (MNSSHP) are starting to leak out which includes some character changes. Earlier Drew posted on WDWMagic that Duffy would be joining MNSSHP this year wearing a pumpkin outfit and now WDWNT has posted details about some of the offerings this year. For characters they list the following:

• Mickey and Minnie – Town Square Theater, Main Street – Continuous 7:00pm to 12:00am
  • Disney Princesses – Town Square Theater, Main Street – Continuous 7:00pm to 12:00am
  • Duffy the Disney Bear – Tour Guide Gardens, Main Street – Continuous 7:00pm to 12:00am
  • Pooh and Friends – Flag Pole Planter, Town Square, Main Street – Continuous (except for Parade times) 7:00pm to 12:00am
  • Disney Villian’s – Castle Hub – Continuous (except for Parade times) – featuring: Captain Hook, Step Sisters & Lady Tremaine, Lotso, Jafar, Hades, Gaston
  • 7 Dwarfs – Splash Mountain Exit, Frontierland – Continuous 7:00pm to 12:00am
  • Madame Carlotta and Rinotta (back to back) – Haunted Mansion lawn -Liberty Square – Continuous 7:00pm to 12:00am
  • Tiana and Naveen – Enchanted Glade, Liberty Square – Continuous 7:00pm to 12:00am
  • Tinker Bell and Disney Fairies – Adventureland Veranda, Adventureland – Continuous 7:00pm to 12:00am
  • Donald and Daisy – Gazebo outside Veranda, Adventureland – Continuous (except for Parade times) 7:00pm to 12:00am
  • Timon and Rafiki – next to Swiss Family Treehouse, Adventureland – Continuous 7:00pm to 12:00am
  • Tarzan, Jane and Terk – Veranda Porch, Adventureland – Continuous 7:00pm to 12:00am
  • Aladdin, Jasmine, Genie and Abu – Next to Carpet ride, Adventureland – Continuous 7:00pm to 12:00am
  • Alice and Mad Hatter – Mad Tea Party, Fantasyland – Continuous 7:00pm to 12:00am
  • Buzz Lightyear – Galaxy Gate, Tomorrowland – Continuous 7:00pm to 12:00am

Most of the characters are the same as in years past; however, many are in new locations due to the ongoing construction. Some of the notable changes this year include the addition of Duffy, Lotso, Hades, and Gaston. We had heard that Rapunzel and Flynn would be appearing; however, they aren't in this list so not sure if that has changed, they are just missing from the list, or they will be lumped into the "Disney Princesses" in Town Square Theater.

In addition the two dance parties will feature the same characters as last year (Goofy, Pluto, Chip, Dale, and Stitch at Rockettower Stage in Tomorrowland and Woody, Jessie, and Bullseye at the Diamond Horseshoe)

We can't wait to be there in Oct!
edited by PeterPanFan on 8/29/2011

--
Visit the Disney Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and information!
+1 permalink
8/29/2011 4:11 PM
disneyphilip
Peter Pan
disneyphilip

Hope there'll be more where those came from.

For one thing, it would be nice if Brer Rabbit's Laughing Place Candy Patch (one of the treat stations listed on WDWNT) were to be a meet-and-greet treat trail similar to the now-defunct Wonderland and Jungle Friends treat trails, since the Candy Patch will have 3 treat stops in it. It would be a great place to find the 3 Brers.

I'm also still hoping that they'll bring out the Country Bears, Clarabelle & Horace, Clara Cluck and Jack Sparrow out for meet-and-greets at this year's parties, not just confine them to the parade.

They still need to have Louis greet guests with Tiana & Naveen at the Glade as well.

Hope the other possible unmentioned meet-and-greets (Rapunzel & Flynn, Jack & Sally, etc.) get confirmed soon.
edited by disneyphilip on 8/29/2011
0 permalink
8/30/2011 8:32 AM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

Yes, it would be nice if the Brer characters were in the Candy Patch since it is supposed to be a replacement for the Alice Trick or Treat trail. The Orlando Sentinel posted about some changes to the Villains Mix and Mingle:

Finally, Disney’s Villains Mix & Mingle has a few new “tweaks and shrieks,” I’m told. In the stage show, Facilier has his own song, another song has been imported from a Tokyo Disneyland parade, and the dancers have new costumes.

edited by PeterPanFan on 8/30/2011

--
Visit the Disney Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and information!
0 permalink
8/31/2011 2:47 AM
disneyphilip
Peter Pan
disneyphilip

I've also heard that there might be some changes to Mickey's Boo-to-You Halloween Parade this year as well. Any truth to that?
edited by disneyphilip on 8/31/2011
0 permalink
8/31/2011 4:09 AM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

Yes, there are definitely some changes to the Boo to You parade... not positive what they all are but I know that at least one character that hasn't been in the parade the last 3 or 4 years will be returning have heard there may be some other changes as well.

--
0 permalink
8/31/2011 8:56 AM
disneyphilip
Peter Pan
disneyphilip

PeterPanFan Wrote:
Yes, there are definitely some changes to the Boo to You parade... not positive what they all are but I know that at least one character that hasn't been in the parade the last 3 or 4 years will be returning have heard there may be some other changes as well.

Please spill the beans.
0 permalink
8/31/2011 9:41 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Unfortunately we are not at liberty to say at this time! It was told to us in good faith.

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and rumours!

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Instagram * Facebook * Twitter

Dan.
0 permalink
8/31/2011 11:41 AM
Shiva
Stitch
Shiva

This is all very interesting news, indeed! So villains are actually going to be available throughout the night (some of whom also appear in the Mix & Mingle), so maybe it will be a bit easier to plan meeting the villains more effectively (though, apparently the majority of the villainous ladies will be only available after the Mix & Mingle show). I wonder if Queen Grimhilde in her haggy form will still be present in the parks. Also, the post did not make mention if the Disney Princes will be appearing alongside their Princesses, but I really hope they are present this year. Also, I hope they do Flynn a proper honor by giving him and Rapunzel their own meet-and-greet area for the party, since they yanked him from making regular appearances at WDW. I can honestly say that I am really excited to be able to meet Hades and Gaston!

--
"You have to live your life spherically--in many directions. Never lose your childish enthusiasm, and things will come your way." - Lindsey Duncan in Under the Tuscan Sun
0 permalink
8/31/2011 1:12 PM
disneyphilip
Peter Pan
disneyphilip

Still hoping that Horace, Clarabelle, Clara Cluck, the Country Bears, the Brers, Jack Sparrow, Angelica, Hades, Shan-Yu, Louis, Jack Skellington and Sally will all be available for meet-and-greets at this year's Not-So-Scary parties.
0 permalink
8/31/2011 3:46 PM
Shiva
Stitch
Shiva

Aw, shucks! I just had a chance to read todays' full blog, and I am rather bummed that Hades is off the MNSSHP list.

--
"You have to live your life spherically--in many directions. Never lose your childish enthusiasm, and things will come your way." - Lindsey Duncan in Under the Tuscan Sun
0 permalink
8/31/2011 3:54 PM
disneyphilip
Peter Pan
disneyphilip

Shiva Wrote:
Aw, shucks! I just had a chance to read todays' full blog, and I am rather bummed that Hades is off the MNSSHP list.

Let's hope they add him back.
0 permalink
9/9/2011 3:14 PM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

A few possible updates:

• Mickey and Minnie – Town Square Theater, Main Street – Continuous 7:00pm to 12:00am
  • Disney Princesses (Snow White/Snow Prince, Cinderella/Prince Charming, Rapunzel/Flynn)– Town Square Theater, Main Street – Continuous 7:00pm to 12:00am
  • Duffy the Disney Bear – Tour Guide Gardens, Main Street – Continuous 7:00pm to 12:00am
  • Pooh and Friends – Flag Pole Planter, Town Square, Main Street – Continuous (except for Parade times) 7:00pm to 12:00am
  • Disney Villian’s (Jafar, Lotso, The Tremaines, Gaston) – Castle Hub – Continuous (except for Parade times)
  • 7 Dwarfs – Splash Mountain Exit, Frontierland – Continuous 7:00pm to 12:00am
  • Madame Carlotta and Rinotta (back to back) – Haunted Mansion lawn -Liberty Square – Continuous 7:00pm to 12:00am
  • Tiana and Naveen – Enchanted Glade, Liberty Square – Continuous 7:00pm to 12:00am
  • Tinker Bell and Disney Fairies (Most likely Tink, Vidia, Terence, and Rosetta) – Adventureland Veranda, Adventureland – Continuous 7:00pm to 12:00am
  • Donald and Daisy – Gazebo outside Veranda, Adventureland – Continuous (except for Parade times) 7:00pm to 12:00am
  • Timon and Rafiki – next to Swiss Family Treehouse, Adventureland – Continuous 7:00pm to 12:00am
  • Tarzan, Jane and Terk – Veranda Porch, Adventureland – Continuous 7:00pm to 12:00am
  • Aladdin, Jasmine, Genie and Abu – Next to Carpet ride, Adventureland – Continuous 7:00pm to 12:00am
  • Jack Sparrow - Outside Priates, Adventureland
  • Alice and Mad Hatter – Mad Tea Party, Fantasyland – Continuous 7:00pm to 12:00am
  • Prince Phillip and Aurora - Fairy Tale Garden, Fantasyland
  • Buzz Lightyear – Galaxy Gate, Tomorrowland – Continuous 7:00pm to 12:00am

Plus

• Stitch, Goofy, Pluto, Chip, and Dale at the Tomorrowland Dance Party
  • Woody, Jessie, Bullseye at the Frontierland Dance Party

edited by PeterPanFan on 9/9/2011

--
0 permalink
9/10/2011 8:31 AM
Shiva
Stitch
Shiva

Thanks for the update! Wow, I am a little surprised that they may be separating Aurora and Prince Philip from the traditional "classic" princess trio grouping in the Town Square Theater and putting them into the Fairy Tale Garden, where Rapunzel is still doing her meet and greets during regular park hours... but I am glad that the rumor mill is finally putting Flynn and Rapunzel on the MNSSHP map. Maybe they want to feature Flynn with the indoor lighting of TST? I wonder what the FTG is like at night?

Also, I am happy to hear that Jack Sparrow may be present as well; I've never met him yet. But Captain Hook has been removed from the Castle Hub Villain group and has not yet been re-located? I guess we will have to meet him after the Villains Meet and Greet only. This is going to be so exciting! I have been convinced on another online forum that I should go to 2 MNSSHPs in order to meet all the characters and experience all of things that are offered at the parties (parades, fireworks, trick or treating, etc.).

--
0 permalink
9/12/2011 2:42 PM
rodnyelectro
Minnie Mouse
rodnyelectro

I have a question that maybe you cannot tell me since it is a surprise: do you guys know which character or characters will be added to the bOO tO yOU parade this year?? I am asking since I am planning on doing a meet and greet with several characters from the BTY parade (especifically the Hyenas from Lion King) and I want to know if there will be more characters added....thanks and have a great day.
0 permalink
9/12/2011 5:54 PM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

We have heard more confirmation about Jack Sparrow should be available for meet and greets during the parties

We have heard the following characters have been added to the parade for this year: Angelica, Dr. Facilier, and Christopher Robin. Hope this helps and hope you have a great trip Big Grin

--
+1 permalink