Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion and Trip Planning » TDL trip booked, any advice from a recent traveller

Discuss Tokyo Disney Resort character sightings, questions, trip planning ideas, trip countdowns, trip reports & more
6/11/2013 5:53 AM
Stitchy
Minnie Mouse
Stitchy

Hi,

We've booked a short trip to TDL in September. We've got ridiculous flights, arrive at 4:45 AM and Depart 6:30 AM, so suspect will just be zombie for part of the trip. We couldn't book a Disney hotel for the first night, they were all full! So we've got one night in the Hilton, followed by two at Ambassador in a Donald Duck Room, Tim's fav Character.

We have booked a Meal at the Mickey restaurant at Ambassador, and I remember Crystal Palace has no bookings, just first-come-first-served. The website suggests a Character Dining restaurant at TDS park, anyone been?

I love stitch, is it worth trying to book the lunch with Lilo and stitch stage show, or is it a bit pointless if you don't speak Japanese? I assume there are no MNG afterwards?

The website suggests that it's event that month is Halloween, anyone know what that means? Special costumes for characters? Special shows (in Japanese I assume). There seem to be a LOT of shows are they worthwhile for non-Japanese speakers. Some look fantastic in pics.

Any advice at all from recent travellers would be appreciated, it's been about 8 years since we've been there.

Thanks

--
Twitter
0 permalink
6/11/2013 7:41 AM
Loren
Peter Pan
Loren

While my visit to Tokyo Disneyland was probably different than most peoples, I will say that the shows, regardless of whether you speak Japanese or not, are AMAZING. No, maybe you might not be able to understand everything, but you should be able to enjoy the show. All the shows we saw were high energy with fantastic costumes and just so much fun. So, I would not be afraid of watching any of the shows.

--
Visit Castles, Capes & Clones for discussion about the entire Disney Universe - from Disney (Castles), Marvel (Capes) and Star Wars (Clones)!

Like Castles, Capes & Clones on Facebook

Follow Castles, Capes & Clones on Twitter

Follow Castles, Capes & Clones on Google+
0 permalink
6/11/2013 7:46 AM
Stitchy
Minnie Mouse
Stitchy

Thank Loren,

Hopefully we can get into some shows then.

--
Twitter
0 permalink
6/11/2013 9:05 AM
Ryo
Stitch
Ryo

Hi! Stitchy I'm Ryo live in Japan

In TDS, Horizon Bay Restaurant is character restaurant. Mickey, Minnie, Pluto are in that restaurant.
This restaurant is not allowed reservation, so you can just go there. But, Halloween season is the most busy in the park, especially lunch time & dinner time, you may have to wait long time. I think morning time is better, and schedule of restaurant will be announced in Aug.

Unfortunately, to book stage show restaurant "Lilo & Stitch" , booking is only Japanese.
But, you will stay at Disney's Ambassador Hotel, and Disney's Hotel guest can receive benefit to book restaurant
before a month than regular guest, If you can ask Disney Hotel's cast member, please ask at that time.
Lilo & Stitch lunch show restaurant is the most popular, so I recommend early booking.
If you can't contact Hotel's cast member, I am not sure but it may be possible I can help you, so please
ask me if you have any problems.

Halloween season, TDR will take place Halloween special Parade in TDL, and Special Harbor show in TDS.
it is not decided in details, but regularly, this style is same as last years. As Loren says, it does not matter
language. The shows are just fun!

Unfortunately, Except, Duffy & ShellieMay, No special character greetings in TDR. ( I want it)
But, if your trip is on the "Halloween's Dress up week " You may see many guest wearing special character costumes at TDL.

I hope your trip is fun!
0 permalink
6/11/2013 9:09 AM
Stitchy
Minnie Mouse
Stitchy

Hi Ryo,

Thanks for the info! We'll try asking the hotel to book for us.

When do they announce dress up week?

I'm sure our trip will be fun!

Thanks Again

--
Twitter
0 permalink
6/11/2013 9:48 AM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

Kris and Tim!

You really need to check out the extensive Tokyo planning section on this website!

--
Follow me on twitter to see my character pictures and for live tweets from our trips to the Disney Parks!!

Next Trips:
30th April - 1st May 2016 - Disneyland Paris
23-24 July 2016 - Disneyland Paris
22nd July - 5th August 2017 - Walt Disney World

www.facebook.com/DisneyMart

Now posting trip pictures on Instagram
0 permalink
6/11/2013 10:51 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

You can find our huge trip planning section here:
http://www.charactercentral.net/RTP7_DisneyCharacters_TokyoDisneyResort_TripPlanner.aspx

Two of my trip reports here:
http://www.charactercentral.net/TripReportList.aspx?ResortId=7

The complete park guidebook section here:
http://www.charactercentral.net/R7_DisneyCharacters_TokyoDisneyResort.aspx

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and rumours!

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Instagram * Facebook * Twitter

Dan.
0 permalink
6/11/2013 11:33 AM
Stitchy
Minnie Mouse
Stitchy

Hi dan,

Thanks. I had a read, most of it brought back flash back memories (and not always good ones). I do remember the mad sprint at park opening, I do remember the loooong lines. At least now you can book Disney hotels in English online,massive improvement. First time we went it took weeks of phone calls to book a room!
We did no shows at all last time, so glad to hear you get something out of them. Looking forward to Stitch merchandise!!

--
Twitter
0 permalink
6/12/2013 10:02 AM
Ryo
Stitch
Ryo

Stitchy Wrote:
Hi Ryo,

Thanks for the info! We'll try asking the hotel to book for us.

When do they announce dress up week?

I'm sure our trip will be fun!

Thanks Again

Hi! Stitchy
Dress up Day has not been announced, but regular, the day is first Halloween event week & final week.
In 2013, Halloween event will take place from Sep.9 to Oct.31, so I mean, Dress up day will be Sep.9 to Sep.16 & Oct.24 to Oct 31.
It's highly possible those weeks.

Event details will be announced during summer season (June, July or Aug)
When it announced, I'll tell you details.
0 permalink
6/12/2013 2:14 PM
Stitchy
Minnie Mouse
Stitchy

Thanks Ryo.

we'll be there September 28-30th. Is there a special holiday on 28th? All the Disney Hotels were fully booked that day?

--
Twitter
0 permalink
6/13/2013 10:51 AM
Ryo
Stitch
Ryo

Stitchy Wrote:
Thanks Ryo.

we'll be there September 28-30th. Is there a special holiday on 28th? All the Disney Hotels were fully booked that day?

That day is just Sat. I mean normal weekend.
But, Halloween season is the busiest in the year in TDR, so Sep.28 will be one of the most crowded in Halloween season.
That's why All Disney hotels should be full.
0 permalink
6/13/2013 10:53 AM
Stitchy
Minnie Mouse
Stitchy

Good to know for the future

Thank you Ryo

--
Twitter
0 permalink
6/17/2013 8:15 AM
kittenwithawhip
Mickey Mouse
kittenwithawhip

hi Ryo,

thank you for the information .

We have planned our trip to come and visit 16 and 17 october, looks like no dress up week for us, but, do you know if they have Jack and Sally or any other Nightmare Before Christmas characters out for Halloween Season?

Also on weekdays wednesday and thursday, is it still very busy?
(for me busy would mean waiting more than 1 hour for a ride)

Thank you !!
Lisa
0 permalink
6/17/2013 9:25 AM
Ryo
Stitch
Ryo

Hi! Lisa

Unfortunately, Nightmare Before Christmas characters don't appear recent TDR even in Halloween Season.
Probably, this year should be same as last years. Only we can see them in the "Haunted Mansion Holiday Nightmare Special" (you can ride it during Halloween season)

I think Wed & Thurs is almost same , and it is less crowded than other days,but
Halloween season is still busy even weekdays. Because Fall season is good to trip for Japanese, and
many students come there as school trip.
So, many rides (especially, FastPass ride) must be more than 1 hour waiting.

Tokyo DisneySea may be less crowded than Tokyo Disneyland, please remember.

Thanks
Ryo
0 permalink
6/24/2013 7:58 AM
kittenwithawhip
Mickey Mouse
kittenwithawhip

Thank you Ryo, you are very helpful!
W e will arrive early and make the best. I am excited to see the shows, and hopefully some characters we can't meet at Disneyland Paris!
0 permalink
7/9/2014 12:35 AM
kasi
Minnie Mouse
kasi

Its goo that you are move toward the TLD trip superb place and you stay in Ambassadress hotel i like that first come first serve service i think that type of environment is superb and many tourist like that Hotel management give to you protocol..

--
The journey of a thousand miles charleston public transportation begins with a single step
0 permalink