Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion and Trip Planning » Fantasyland - character exit points?

Discuss Tokyo Disney Resort character sightings, questions, trip planning ideas, trip countdowns, trip reports & more
12/7/2013 7:09 AM
manami
Mickey Mouse
manami

Hey everyone! I just came back from my fifth trip up to Tokyo Disney. It was a pretty good week, with only a few assorted roadbumps. Personally, I found the Santa's Village parade to be a bit of a disappointment - I'm still in love with Happiness is Here. But I got my Gingerbread Mickey cushion, so I can't complain much.

I think my biggest disappointment was that I consistently missed Rapunzel and Flynn in Fantasyland. On my last evening there, I found out from a cast member that Rapunzel had just been out (I hadn't seen her, so I used the time to visit Hatter and Esmerelda) - but had used a different exit than the gate next to Haunted Mansion. I wasn't aware there -was- another gate for Fantasyland characters.

I don't know if I will make another trip up to Tokyo any time soon, but in the event that I can, does anyone know where the other Fantasyland exit is? I only know of the one between the Red Queen-themed restrooms and Haunted Mansion. Where's the other? I assume it's over near Pooh's Hunny Hunt or something, but can anyone give me a better idea of exactly where?

Thanks a bunch!
0 permalink
12/7/2013 8:45 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

The only place we've ever seen them come out is the same place you describe! How odd.

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and rumours!

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Instagram * Facebook * Twitter

Dan.
0 permalink
12/9/2013 11:10 AM
Steering Wheel
Mickey Mouse
Steering Wheel

Hello Manami-san! Good to speak to you again!
I agree with you about Santa Village parade this year...

They mainly use the one you describe, but they sometimes use the "cast members only" door between It's a small world and Pooh Corner.
I think this second one used to be used only when the first gate is blocked (for example just before parades)
but recently, at least I feel, it's been used to avoid "avid" face character fans (maybe including me LOL)
Rapunzel now is the most popular character in Fantasyland, and I often, very often see way too many fans wait for her to appear so enthusiastically that they just have to cancel her meet or change the gate for her to come out of as you experienced.

And even more trickily, they occasionally use inside the Castle for face characters to stand by.
It looks quite dreamy to see Princesses and Princes come out of the castle though lol

Hope this helps your future trip!
0 permalink
7/10/2014 10:42 PM
kasi
Minnie Mouse
kasi

This is scuttle butt at WDW, but I hear they may bring back 20,000 leagues under the sea and its very interesting and its nice and superb place for the tourist and many come to enjoy the trip..

--
The journey of a thousand miles charleston public transportation begins with a single step
0 permalink