Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » General News and Discussion » When is your next trip?

Post-a-picture threads, scrapbooking ideas, general polls, photography tips, general chit-chat and more!
pages: 1 2 3 4 .. 16 | the topic is closed |
8/5/2012 7:50 AM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

We've decided to not to go on a day trip and we've used our travel voucher for olympics related things, which have been great.

We are now literally counting down the days to DLP. I think we've just tucked under 70 days to go! Not long at all.

I can't wait for your MNSSHP report guys, it'll be the 5th September before you know it!

--
Follow me on twitter to see my character pictures and for live tweets from our trips to the Disney Parks!!

Next Trips:
30th April - 1st May 2016 - Disneyland Paris
23-24 July 2016 - Disneyland Paris
22nd July - 5th August 2017 - Walt Disney World

www.facebook.com/DisneyMart

Now posting trip pictures on Instagram
0 permalink
8/6/2012 12:29 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Yay for less that 70 days for you!
You'll be in DLP before we will for Halloween (we're going at the end), so we very much look forward to seeing and hearing what you think of everything Big Grin

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and rumours!

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Instagram * Facebook * Twitter

Dan.
0 permalink
8/6/2012 1:35 PM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

I was thinking of setting up a twitter account and doing a one off live feed of events like you guys do, but I'm a bit of a twitterphobe.

I'll definately do a full trip report. I will be back home on the 20th October so should complete it by the 23rd at least by the time I have sorted photos etc. out.

What date do you guys go? Are you going for the soiree?

--
Follow me on twitter to see my character pictures and for live tweets from our trips to the Disney Parks!!

Next Trips:

0 permalink
8/6/2012 2:04 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Yeah we are going for the Soiree Big Grin
We look forward to your trip report for sure!
Jon knows more about Twitter than I do, it confuses me lol. But that's not to put you off... If you need help, just ask - we'd love to see your updates!

Oh, and Rune, if you read this - we want a trip report from you too for next month!
edited by DisneyDan on 8/6/2012

--

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Dan.
0 permalink
8/6/2012 2:16 PM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

DisneyDan Wrote:

Oh, and Rune, if you read this - we want a trip report from you too for next month!

Yes. This is compulsory!! :0)

--

Next Trips:

+1 permalink
8/7/2012 1:06 PM
Rune
Angel
Rune

LOL! Sure guys , as long as you're prepared for lots of 'so and so was out but we just missed him because we stopped for ice cream!!!' type scenarios. D8

I need to study the form before we leave to check up all the likely spots for characters *pokes Dan* feel free to drop me a tip or two, every little helps!

We're off on September 4th, back on the evening of 6th so it'll be short but hopefully oh so sweet. And darn it, I'm going to miss the great departure for WDW, looks like no ticker tape parade for you this time. =P
edited by Rune on 8/7/2012
0 permalink
8/7/2012 1:14 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Rune Wrote:
LOL! Sure guys , as long as you're prepared for lots of 'so and so was out but we just missed him because we stopped for ice cream!!!' type scenarios.

With some faith and some trust, and a little bit of Pixie Dust, you'll have a magical time and meet some cool characters

By the way, will this be your first time seeing Disney Dreams?

--

Dan.
0 permalink
8/7/2012 1:20 PM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

It's our first time seeing dreams. I've seen it on youtube oh so many times, but I can not wait to smell the smoke from the fireworks and see the strobe lights zoom over me!

Regards me doing a live twitter character feed when I go. Are there lots of wifi points in the park? How do you guys do it? How expensive are all the roaming charges?

--

Next Trips:

0 permalink
8/7/2012 1:34 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

You guys wil all LOVE LOVE LOVE Disney Dreams! It is my favourite nighttime spectacular ever. Seriously, it is STUNNING.
Make sure you see it several times and get a good spot at least once.

As for Internet... The parks do not offer wifi. At Disney Village, the Earl of Sandwich has the best free wifi. McDonald's and Starbucks also offer free wifi (we just love the Earl, so always end up there LOL!).
The Disneyland Hotel has wifi, but it isn't free. In the past for the sake of easiness we have bought a pass for it. I don't recall how much it was, but not TOO expensive if you are going to be using it over several days. Sometimes we would just hop out of the park for a while to get away form the crowds and sit in the lobby and use the wifi!
If you're on O2 in the UK, they have recently changed their pay as you go plans, so that now you get 25 megabytes overseas data for 1.99 while you're away. The first time you use data in France it'll just deduct the 1.99, and then you'll be good for a whole 25 megabytes. Might not sound a lot of data, but actually it is a fair amount, providing you don't go silly with it.

--

Dan.
0 permalink
8/7/2012 1:44 PM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

Thanks for the hints.

We are planning to eat at the Earl almost everyday because it offers by far the best value meal deals. Can you access the wifi for Earl from say Cafe Mickey or by the lake??

Regards Dreams, it is actually my birthday on the 17th so we are doing cake and dinner at Cafe Mickey again (had a ball last time with Gideon, Hook and Smee bringing the cake) but the other 3 nights we will 100% certainly watch Dreams. We might even watch Dreams on the 17th but it depends on the time we have dinner and the time of Dreams itself. Last year the park closed at 7pm. I imagine Dreams will start at 7pm this year, so it might be good to watch Dreams then have a 7.30pm dinner.

Thanks!

Martin

--

Next Trips:

0 permalink
8/7/2012 1:51 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

The park will be open later than 7pm this year I am sure. The park rarely closes before 9pm these days. Usually 11pm. They had a pledge for the 20th Anniversary that their hours would actually be decent lol (more like the US Parks). I imagine the park hours should be up fairly soon. Probably by the end of the month I would hope.

Hm, the wifi is pretty much only good right in the restaurant or just outside, sadly!

If you're staying at a DLP Hotel, remember to tell them it's your birthday, and you may well get a surprise in your room! (not a bunch of rare characters sadly! LOL!)

I did see your suggestion about a chat room by the way. I forgot to reply. Maybe someday! :P

And regarding me and Vinylmation...we do have a Vinyl/Pin forum, but it rarely gets used... if you wanna talk Vinyls, head over there!
edited by DisneyDan on 8/7/2012

--

Dan.
0 permalink
8/7/2012 2:13 PM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

I'll post a picture of my collection in there over the coming days! :0)

I will tell them it's my birthday! Hopefully having already paid for a cake, they might have some idea, but then again I got nothing last year..

I have seen other people get things from soft toys to water and sweets. Who knows...

Back to opening hours, I do hope that they are ok. If it is open til say 9pm. We might be able to eat and then go back for Dreams. Maybe eat at 6 and stay til 8.30 at Cafe Mickey. I can't wait.

I look forward to actually going on Pays de conte fees (or however it is spelt) because normally when I go (Halloween and Christmas) it is normally closed for refurbishment. The last time I went on it was 10 years ago! I see that on the refurbishment schedule for September that it is being refurbished during September. Hopefully I'll be able to sail through the cave of wonder for the first time in a long time...!!

--

Next Trips:

0 permalink
8/7/2012 2:54 PM
Rune
Angel
Rune

DisneyDan Wrote:
With some faith and some trust, and a little bit of Pixie Dust, you'll have a magical time and meet some cool characters

By the way, will this be your first time seeing Disney Dreams?

hahah, you're going to get me whining, 'where's the best spot to see so-and-so' you know that, right?

And YES!!! It will be our first time for Disney Dreams and fingers crossed we'll get to see it 2 nights. So excited that the park is open until 9pm too, the last time we went in 2009 it closed very early.

And hooray for the Earl too, that's already down on our books for cheap eats!
0 permalink
8/8/2012 12:03 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Rune Wrote:
the last time we went in 2009 it closed very early.

The last time you were at DLP was in 2009?! Or just at this time of year? If that really was the last time, then I'm glad we managed to get you on this last minute trip!! LOL! YOu NEED your FIX! :P

--

Dan.
0 permalink
8/8/2012 2:24 AM
Rune
Angel
Rune

No, 2009 was actually the last time we were there! Awful huh? We've been to the Florida parks since then but have neglected DLP ... the shame!!!

We're hoping that if all goes off smoothly here, we'll be hopping over a bit more often and yes, this trip is all thanks to you! ^_^

Definitely need my fix. I swear Disney put something in the air in the Parks, my husband lives in hope that every time we return we've got it out of our system but by the end of the next week or so that old craving to get back returns, heheh.
0 permalink
8/8/2012 6:36 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Rune, so much has changed since 2009! There's Playland, World of Disney, Earl of Sandwich, complete refurbishment of just about everything!, no Central Plaza Stage, no junk all over the Castle!, all the 20th Anniversary stuff incl. Dreams!... the list goes on!
You are going to have the best 3 days ever!! Big Grin
edited by DisneyDan on 8/8/2012

--

Dan.
0 permalink
8/8/2012 7:13 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Rune Wrote:
I swear Disney put something in the air in the Parks

I forgot to mention, I can actually confirm for real that Disney DO scent the air with appealing fragrances to make it more comfortable Maybe they have a wider affect on you LOL.

--

Dan.
0 permalink
8/8/2012 7:16 AM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

Yeah, there have been a TON of changes since 2009! and I will echo Dan and say how awesome Disney Dreams is! Big Grin I am sure you will both have an awesome time... cant wait to hear the trip reports! Big Grin

--
Visit the Disney Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and information!
0 permalink
8/8/2012 7:30 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Oh, thought of two more things lol. Meet Mickey Mouse and Princess Pavilion both in Fantasyland!
Rune, you sure you only want to go for 3 days? LOL!

--

Dan.
0 permalink
8/8/2012 8:16 AM
Rune
Angel
Rune

Oh goodness, there's SO much more!!!

LOL, I'm just glad I get *any* days at the moment. Probably going to invest in an AP this time around and that in itself will be incentive to get our moneys worth over the next year. =D
edited by Rune on 8/8/2012
+1 permalink
pages: 1 2 3 4 .. 16 | the topic is closed |