Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » General News and Discussion » When is your next trip?

Post-a-picture threads, scrapbooking ideas, general polls, photography tips, general chit-chat and more!
pages: 1.. 3 4 5 6 .. 16 | the topic is closed |
8/13/2012 3:47 AM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

Yes. I am also very jealous of you Tasha. I have seen some pictures of the AoA and it looks superb. Particularly like some of the Lion King stuff?

Will themed characters be meeting in their own area of the resort? e.g Rafiki meeting in the Lion King section after breakfast or something?

--
Follow me on twitter to see my character pictures and for live tweets from our trips to the Disney Parks!!

Next Trips:
30th April - 1st May 2016 - Disneyland Paris
23-24 July 2016 - Disneyland Paris
22nd July - 5th August 2017 - Walt Disney World

www.facebook.com/DisneyMart

Now posting trip pictures on Instagram
0 permalink
8/13/2012 4:30 AM
Rune
Angel
Rune

Wouldn't that be neat if they did? I think the only time I've seen chars at resorts is for holidays, e.g. Mickey & Minnie / Mr & Mrs Easter Bunny on Easter Morning, but I'm guessing they do Xmas, Thanksgiving too. It's something that would be a really nice addition to the US park resorts. I didn't know it happened at Paris until we returned sadly.
0 permalink
8/13/2012 4:41 AM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

Oh do characters not normally do meet and greets at the hotels in America then?

--
Follow me on twitter to see my character pictures and for live tweets from our trips to the Disney Parks!!

Next Trips:

0 permalink
8/13/2012 5:04 AM
Rune
Angel
Rune

to be honest, I'm only going by my own experience but we've stayed in several different ones and apart from high days 'n holidays (and distant glimpses at character meals which you obviously have to pay for) I've never seen any. =/
0 permalink
8/13/2012 5:15 AM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

How intriguing.

Some of the best character memories for me have come at the hotels at Disneyland Paris!!

--

Next Trips:

0 permalink
8/13/2012 6:53 AM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

No, there normally not characters at the American Disney hotels They are sometimes there for things like Easter and Christmas but that is it... I love that the characters are at the DLP hotels... it is a GREAT way to start the morning and their outfits are great (when they are using the hotel specific ones)

--
Visit the Disney Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and information!
0 permalink
8/13/2012 10:02 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Jon is correct, the characters do not meet in the US Disney Hotels unless it is a paid character meal, or in Florida's case also on Christmas Day or Easter Sunday.
They also don't meet in in Tokyo as far as I know. Hong Kong they do, but they are very standard and nowhere near as random as the DLP Hotels can be.
edited by DisneyDan on 8/13/2012

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and rumours!

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Instagram * Facebook * Twitter

Dan.
0 permalink
8/13/2012 2:36 PM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

PeterPanFan Wrote:
No, there normally not characters at the American Disney hotels They are sometimes there for things like Easter and Christmas but that is it... I love that the characters are at the DLP hotels... it is a GREAT way to start the morning and their outfits are great (when they are using the hotel specific ones)

I really do agree. There is no better way to starty your day than with a hanful of croissants and then run out to find a character round the corner.

But don't forget they can also be an unexpected and pleasant way to end the day! We met Jessie on our last trip when we returned back to Hotel Cheyenne late at night. It was definately after 11pm. We went back to the hotel after the park had closed and after we had dinner at Cafe Mickey in the village. We got back to the lobby at the hotel and there she was. It was a great surprise indeed. One of those things that makes Disney so magical...

--

Next Trips:

0 permalink
8/13/2012 2:41 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Huh, that's funny. Unusual for them to be there so late.

--

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Dan.
0 permalink
8/13/2012 3:05 PM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

I did think that maybe the cast members were bored? Not sure how much access the regular cast members would have to the costumes but I imagine some of them are perhaps trained. Isn't the 'University' also at Cheyenne.

It was a great freak meeting.

--

Next Trips:

0 permalink
8/14/2012 1:12 PM
mastromjm
Chip 'n' Dale
mastromjm

Wow, that's strange. We came out of Fantasmic! at DL after the second showing around 11:00, and we were VERY surprised to see Mickey and Minnie on Main Street! Minnie left pretty quickly but we ran over to see Mickey. It was a great greet, but I was wondering what on earth they were doing out so late.
0 permalink
8/14/2012 1:15 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

mastromjm, we also found that during our last trip there, last month. The characters were out late every night on Main Street. Was great to see, even if it was just the VIPs!

--

Dan.
+1 permalink
8/14/2012 1:24 PM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

I think that most character greets finish quite early in Paris. I don't know about anyone else but aside from Character dining the characters sort of go to bed at about 6pm. I don't know if it is different in the summer because I avoid going in the summer like the plague.

Anyone?

--

Next Trips:

0 permalink
8/14/2012 1:35 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

It's getting better, put it that way!! Mickey and the Princesses are pretty much permanently in their homes until 7pm these days - and that is the "official" time. On our recent trips we have found that quite often the Mickey line would be open up until at least 8pm, unannounced. Which was GREAT, because by that time everyone is having dinner and waiting for Dreams... and we walked right up and met him each night!!

I do know that DLP suffers from having to work within strict French working guidelines, and barring employing excessive numbers of cast members to work very few, short shifts to fill the gaps, which is costly and ineffective, I'm afraid that's just the way it'll always be. Sadly.

--

Dan.
0 permalink
8/14/2012 1:41 PM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

We've always bolted for Mickey first thing, but I suppose everybody does that! Will try a later trip to see him next time!

--

Next Trips:

0 permalink
8/14/2012 1:44 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Martin, you haven't been since his new home opened, right? It's very neat inside. Lots of details.

--

Dan.
0 permalink
8/14/2012 1:50 PM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

Nope we haven't been since last October, so it will be our first time seeing him in his new home!

It took me a while to get my girlfriend (now of 5 years) in to Disney so I had a few years gap of going to the parks. Then we went once in 2010, once in 2011 but she is now more addicted than I am!!!! We'll be going once in 2012 (this coming Halloween), but god knows how many times in 2013. Like you already know we will be there in February and again at Halloween for sure. Maybe Christmas too!! We need APs for sure, will treat her to one when we go in February as a Valentine's Day present!

Martin

--

Next Trips:

0 permalink
8/14/2012 2:42 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Cool! Well I'm glad she's a convert now! Don't forget with your new SHC you get 15% off APs! Big Grin

--

Dan.
0 permalink
8/14/2012 2:53 PM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

I wouldn't forget that for sure!!

--

Next Trips:

0 permalink
8/16/2012 5:55 AM
Disney-Me
Stitch
Disney-Me

Mine will be Tokyo Disney Resort and Walt Disney World!!!!!! Tokyo will be my first destination (August 26th) and Florida will be my last (I'll miss Disneyland Paris though) LOL Big Grin!!! I am SO EXCITED and can't wait, specially for Tokyo!!!! I'm really looking forward to see their "Disney's Natsu Matsuri" a Japanese-style summer festival and all the EXCITING Shows and Parades!!!!!!! Aaaaaaaand, I'M GOING TO MEET "SHELLIEMAY" FOR THE FIRST TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS GONIG TO BE AWWWWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin CAAAAN'T WAIIIIIIT!!!!! I MISS DUFFY TOO!!!!!! Can't wait to give him a BIG hug and spend some time with him!!!!! Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

--
You have always been my dearest friend 💚 You make me feel like what your name is....HAPPY 💚
0 permalink
pages: 1.. 3 4 5 6 .. 16 | the topic is closed |