Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Disneyland Paris News and Rumors » DLP Rare Character News and Sightings

Discuss Disneyland Paris news and rumors including character news, press releases, closures, openings & more
pages: 1 2 3 4 .. 42 |
8/24/2012 7:01 AM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

We've all been talking about rare characters popping up at DLP at the moment, but they often lead to us diverging from the original topic in other threads.

I'd just thought I'd let you all know that Jiminy Cricket was at Brunch on Sunday! I'm hoping to bring you a picture, but in the mean time if you or your contacts spot somebody slightly out of the ordinary then please share with us all!!

Martin

--
Follow me on twitter to see my character pictures and for live tweets from our trips to the Disney Parks!!

Next Trips:
30th April - 1st May 2016 - Disneyland Paris
23-24 July 2016 - Disneyland Paris
22nd July - 5th August 2017 - Walt Disney World

www.facebook.com/DisneyMart

Now posting trip pictures on Instagram
0 permalink
8/24/2012 7:09 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

You know, I had been meaning to start a "Character Watch" thread, and this is a great start for that!

Recently (as in the las t2 weeks or so), I have seen pics of all the following at DLP:

The VIPS in various locations and outfits, including Adventureland and Discoveryland (I'm glad the Adventureland outfits are getting some love!)
Scrooge McDuck
Princesses with their Princes
Frollo, Clopin and Esmeralda
Peter Pan family
Alice in Wonderland family
Pooh friends including Rabbit
Pinocchio family (main 3 plus as you said Jiminy at the Brunch)
Max at the DL Hotel
Hyacinth Hippo at the DL Hotel
Aladdin family (Rune - including Genie )
Friar Tuck and the Sheriff
Plus all regular set time characters (Anniversary Train, Jack Sparrow, Jungle characters etc)
Lilo and Stitch in Discoveryland (yes, Lilo... lol)

But, good to see a good mix back again, how it used to be - and how is SHOULD be!
edited by DisneyDan on 8/24/2012

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and rumours!

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Instagram * Facebook * Twitter

Dan.
0 permalink
8/24/2012 9:22 AM
Vala
Cheshire Cat
Vala

I would give body parts to meet Clopin.

Did the Pooh friends include Piglet as well? He escaped me so far. And was Abu out with the Aladdin group? I saw him for the first time in December, and of course on that trip I didn't bring my drawing. You probably heard me wailing at Newport Bay when I realized.

But hearing about Hyacinth Hippo had me floored. Was she at the Magical Moment?
0 permalink
8/24/2012 9:34 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Clopin does appear from time to time, but has been out more and more frequently lately. He will most likely be out at Halloween a lot more too

Piglet has been seen in the last few weeks yes. It is not uncommon for him to be seen in Fantasyland or in the Disneyland Hotel.

Abu is out from time to time. I believe he has been out in the last few weeks, but he is not as common as Aladdin, Jasmine, Genie and Jafar.

Hyacinth has probably been out maybe 3 or 4 times in the last year. She doesn't get out often sadly. We saw her last August after trying to find her for years! She wasn't at the magical moment. She is most often found at the Rotunda/Main Street Lounge for the morning sets, although, I think one time she was also in the Lobby randomly one afternoon.

--

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Dan.
0 permalink
8/24/2012 11:30 AM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

Yes I've seen pictures of Piglet in the last week or so too.

Also, like you've said Max is increasingly out at DLH.

--
Follow me on twitter to see my character pictures and for live tweets from our trips to the Disney Parks!!

Next Trips:

0 permalink
8/24/2012 11:31 AM
Rune
Angel
Rune

Vala Wrote:
I would give body parts to meet Clopin.

You and me both! We saw him at Halloween in 2009 but he wasn't doing meet 'n greet. =(

DisneyDan Wrote:
Aladdin family (Rune - including Genie )

0 permalink
8/24/2012 11:32 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Rune, the first time we ever met Clopin was AT Halloween 2009!! We were there for Soiree and MNSSHP, and we met him several times! Maybe you just had bad luck? ><

--

Dan.
0 permalink
8/24/2012 11:56 AM
Rune
Angel
Rune

LOL, that's the story of my life! Mind you we only saw him in the evenings at the two halloween shows when strangely he was paired with Genie (can't remember the name of the show now) and it was an absolute scrummage around there afterwards, we ended up with Frollo & Ratcliffe. Then Cruella & the Hag.

Ahh well. maybe next time then... =D
0 permalink
8/24/2012 11:57 AM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

I was hoping to meet him at MNNSHP last year, but I didn't see him anywhere, I only saw him in the show.

--

Next Trips:

0 permalink
8/24/2012 11:58 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Rune, did you go to the MNSSHPs? Sorry, my fault. I should have made that clearer. We first met him at Halloween 2009, at the Parties. He was definitely there, I have pictures of me with him lol.

--

Dan.
0 permalink
8/24/2012 12:00 PM
Rune
Angel
Rune

Fingers crossed for this year Martin; pictures, pictures, pictures!!!

I have to admit I with they'd downsize his mask a little though, it kind of swamps him.

DisneyDan Wrote:
Did you go to the MNSSHPs? Sorry, my fault. I should have made that clearer. We first met him at Halloween 2009, at the Parties. He was definitely there, I have pictures of me with him lol.

Naw, only the actual Halloween night party. Argh, curses, and now they've done away with MNSSHP, there's no justice, lol!
0 permalink
8/24/2012 12:02 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Well, he does seem to be out more and more recently, so maybe you're luck will be in when you go in a couple of weeks time He tends to show up around Fantasyland, near the Carousel, Courtyard and that general area.
When they arrive and leave they usually go via the "it's a small world" gates.

--

Dan.
0 permalink
8/24/2012 12:09 PM
Rune
Angel
Rune

Super stuff! I want to pick your brains about characters and best spots to find them / lurk etc etc before we go, but I'll kick off a thread for it later on.
+1 permalink
8/24/2012 12:35 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

No problemo! Look forward to trying to help you out!

EDIT: I amended my post at the top to reflect more characters I just remembered that have been out in the last 2 weeks

--

Dan.
0 permalink
8/24/2012 1:09 PM
Vala
Cheshire Cat
Vala

DisneyDan Wrote:
Clopin does appear from time to time, but has been out more and more frequently lately. He will most likely be out at Halloween a lot more too

Piglet has been seen in the last few weeks yes. It is not uncommon for him to be seen in Fantasyland or in the Disneyland Hotel.

Abu is out from time to time. I believe he has been out in the last few weeks, but he is not as common as Aladdin, Jasmine, Genie and Jafar.

Hyacinth has probably been out maybe 3 or 4 times in the last year. She doesn't get out often sadly. We saw her last August after trying to find her for years! She wasn't at the magical moment. She is most often found at the Rotunda/Main Street Lounge for the morning sets, although, I think one time she was also in the Lobby randomly one afternoon.

Thank you.

With Clopin out more often I am seriously about to take boyfriend up on his offer to worry about the Christmas pin event later and go for Halloween. Big Grin

Funny enough he's actually the one who has a photo with Esmeralda.

The last time I have ever seen Piglet was in 2011 when the characters were still coming down Main Street in the cars. Our first try we went for Remy because a friend of mine loves Ratatouille. So we hung around because I wanted a picture with Piglet. Then on this try Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum were on the cars - one of my best friends in the States adores Wonderland, so I abandoned Piglet and ran after the Tweedles. I had lovely interaction with them, but that was the last time I ever had a Piglet sighting.

I think I will have to check out the DLH lobby more randomly. Big Grin
0 permalink
8/24/2012 1:16 PM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

I've never visited the DLH hotel for characters, but you can guarantee I will this time!!

--

Next Trips:

0 permalink
8/24/2012 1:18 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

The Disneyland Hotel is GREAT for characters!
Sets start at about 8/8.30am and run normally until 11am.
There is usually a board with the set times of the ones who meet at the fireplace, but there are other characters who show up in the Rotunda that aren't on the board, too.
Then later in the day, normally around 1pm, characters appear in the downstairs lobby.
Then, on peak days and weekends there is the Magical Moment, which is usually around 4pm (the exact time is usually posted on a board in the lobby). Pretty much any character can turn up at this!

--

Dan.
0 permalink
8/24/2012 1:24 PM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

I don't know where all the places is, but I'm sure Rune will be asking before her trip, so I'll see what happens then.

Geppetto was also at the brunch with Jiminy by the way guys!!

--

Next Trips:

0 permalink
8/24/2012 1:25 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Saves me typing everything twice, I guess LOL! I'm sure Rune will have millions of questions ( ), so I'm sure most of yours will be answered!

EDIT: Actually, Rune, if your trip is the week after next, you better start asking pretty soon!

--

Dan.
+1 permalink
8/24/2012 2:25 PM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

Ok, I'm going to ask on her behalf, because I'm worrying already and my trip is 7 weeks and 2 days away!! Aaaah!

Rune is either a very calm person.. or slightly normal. :0)

Also, I have just been reading a trip report on another forum and at the Inventions dinner (not brunch!) were Max, Mary Poppins and one of the penguins. :0)

--

Next Trips:

0 permalink
pages: 1 2 3 4 .. 42 |