Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Disneyland Paris News and Rumors » Princess Pavilion "reservation only"

Discuss Disneyland Paris news and rumors including character news, press releases, closures, openings & more
12/17/2012 10:32 AM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

The official DLP Twitter account tweeted this morning "For a better guest experience, Princess Pavilion will be accessible by reservation only from Dec 21 to Jan 6. Pick it up near The Old Mill."
So this is basically changing the Princess Pavilion to use a fastpass like system during the peak Christmas period... I wonder if this will become a regular thing? We don't bother with the Pavilion much as it normally has a long wait but if there were fastpasses available I am sure we would go more often
What does everyone else think of this?

--
Visit the Disney Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and information!
0 permalink
12/17/2012 12:51 PM
Vala
Cheshire Cat
Vala

PeterPanFan Wrote:
The official DLP Twitter account tweeted this morning "For a better guest experience, Princess Pavilion will be accessible by reservation only from Dec 21 to Jan 6. Pick it up near The Old Mill."
So this is basically changing the Princess Pavilion to use a fastpass like system during the peak Christmas period... I wonder if this will become a regular thing? We don't bother with the Pavilion much as it normally has a long wait but if there were fastpasses available I am sure we would go more often
What does everyone else think of this?

They've done it as a test run before, I think just before we came in for Halloween.

It seemed to work quite well most of the time. At other times people were hanging out for the distribution forever, and personally I am not too sure if it makes a difference if you wait in line for an hour to see the princesses or wait in line for an hour to get a ticket to see the princesses. For families I guess it could work out better after all if the rule is still that one person can get in line and with the tickets for everyone and get a Fast Pass for the whole party. But for solo travelers or couples travelling (boyfriend wouldn't leave me alone for fear of another scrum) it won't matter.
edited by Vala on 12/17/2012
0 permalink
12/18/2012 4:54 AM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

Yes, they did trial it in October whilst we were there.

But like Vala said the queue for the tickets was as long as the queue for the pavillion. Pointless? If they made it a smoother operation then maybe it would be better. Tickets went quite quickly though by around mid day I think, so it did leave a lot of people dissapointed.

Martin

--
Follow me on twitter to see my character pictures and for live tweets from our trips to the Disney Parks!!

Next Trips:
30th April - 1st May 2016 - Disneyland Paris
23-24 July 2016 - Disneyland Paris
22nd July - 5th August 2017 - Walt Disney World

www.facebook.com/DisneyMart

Now posting trip pictures on Instagram
0 permalink
12/18/2012 12:20 PM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

Yeah, if the queue is super long for the tickets then that seems to defeat the whole purpose... otherwise I think it would be a good change... hopefully they have adjusted things after the trial.

--
Visit the Disney Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and information!
0 permalink
12/18/2012 12:49 PM
Vala
Cheshire Cat
Vala

The first quick fix coming to my mind would be to simply increase the opening times. 10 AM or even 10.30 AM to 3 PM or if you are lucky 3.30 PM... at the other parks the opening times are up to 6 PM or even longer. I mean, the demand is there. Simply open the thing until 6 PM and that would increase capacity.
+1 permalink
12/20/2012 9:05 AM
DisneyEmma
Peter Pan
DisneyEmma

I have a feeling this will become permanent soon as I think it went quite well during the first test run.
0 permalink
4/27/2013 2:57 PM
Vala
Cheshire Cat
Vala

I discovered on a French site that apparently the reservation system is back as of Monday. I couldn't find confirmation on the Disney website though because I am getting the programme from the week before last on all pages - anyone having more luck?

Anyway, seeing we are travelling on Thursday I'll be reporting in about our experience when I get back.
0 permalink
4/28/2013 6:45 AM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

I think it was dlpfans posted a picture of a board outside PP this morning saying reservations must be obtained.

--
Follow me on twitter to see my character pictures and for live tweets from our trips to the Disney Parks!!

Next Trips:
30th April - 1st May 2016 - Disneyland Paris
23-24 July 2016 - Disneyland Paris
22nd July - 5th August 2017 - Walt Disney World

www.facebook.com/DisneyMart

Now posting trip pictures on Instagram
0 permalink
4/28/2013 1:58 PM
Vala
Cheshire Cat
Vala

Thanks, I'll have to check that out. Boyfriend was asking me about the times they hand out tickets and I can't find anything.

EDIT: Found them - first one at 10.30 AM apparently. I guess he'll have to deal with that.
edited by Vala on 4/28/2013
0 permalink
5/22/2013 10:04 AM
Dopey and Snow White
Stitch
Dopey and Snow White

Are they still on now?

--
''I only hope we don't lose sight of one thing, this was all started with a mouse and a dream.''
0 permalink
5/26/2013 2:14 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Yes, reservations are still required.
edited by DisneyDan on 5/26/2013

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and rumours!

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Instagram * Facebook * Twitter

Dan.
0 permalink
5/27/2013 2:38 PM
Vala
Cheshire Cat
Vala

Still on now and it's going the way I predicted: instead of lining up ridiculously early for the Pavillion people are now lining up ridiculously early to get tickets. I arrived 25 minutes before handout time Sunday (and that was for handicapped tickets) and they cut the line off three people behind me. No more tickets being issued.
0 permalink