Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Disneyland Paris News and Rumors » Europe's Largest LEGO store to open in Disney Village!

Discuss Disneyland Paris news and rumors including character news, press releases, closures, openings & more
1/21/2013 1:51 PM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

Since the World of Disney was announced there have been rumors about what would happen to Disney Village. One of those rumors was a LEGO store which made sense considering there are LEGO stores at both Downtown Disney's in the US resorts. Fairly recently there were more rumors that the Lego was on the way.

Now we have semi official word that this is indeed happening from a job posting found by DLRPMagic which claims the job is for:

For the opening of the largest LEGO retail outlet in Europe, ideally situated in the Disney Village in Marne la Vallée

The store could be opening as early as June of this year... hopefully it will see the additional of some of the wonderful huge LEGO figured that are seen at the US Disney based LEGO stores:

Disneyland July 2012 - Exploring Downtown Disney by PeterPanFan, on Flickr

Disneyland July 2012 - Exploring Downtown Disney by PeterPanFan, on Flickr

WDW April 2009 - Downtown Disney by PeterPanFan, on Flickr
edited by PeterPanFan on 1/21/2013

--
Visit the Disney Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and information!
0 permalink
1/21/2013 3:09 PM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

Exciting news. I don't buy Lego but if it was Disney themed then I might be tempted

I am really satisfied with some of the developments over recent years in the village. eOS, WoD and now this. It puts the Disney back in the village. Long may it continue too :0)

--
Follow me on twitter to see my character pictures and for live tweets from our trips to the Disney Parks!!

Next Trips:
30th April - 1st May 2016 - Disneyland Paris
23-24 July 2016 - Disneyland Paris
22nd July - 5th August 2017 - Walt Disney World

www.facebook.com/DisneyMart

Now posting trip pictures on Instagram
0 permalink
1/22/2013 12:01 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Martin, you do know that for at least the past 4 years Lego and Disney have been producing some pretty awesome sets??...
You say "if it was Disney themed" like you've never seen any!...
Pirates, Toy Story, Cars, Prince of Persia... There's been more I think too!

And it's funny you should say all these additions make it feel more like Disney when in fact EOS and Lego aren't even Disney lol!

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and rumours!

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Instagram * Facebook * Twitter

Dan.
0 permalink
1/22/2013 4:51 AM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

Hi Dan,

I know that they do make Disney/Lego sets but I don't think I would buy one at home just for the sake of it etc. but I can guarantee that if I was in a LEGO store in Disney village with Euros in my pocket then I think I would definately be more willing to splash out on it. I saw some nice Cars and Star Wars sets in the LEGO shop in Cardiff.

As for EOS and LEGO not being Disney, you know what I mean

In the past you used to come out of the parks on to the square and be mobbed by Charicature Artists and Eifell Tower sellers but now they have curbed that with the new fencing etc. and added World of Disney you go from the great Disney parks to the great Disney store. Then in the past if we weren't going to Cafe Mickey there wasn't any need to go through the village so we would bypass it completly. But now they have WoD and EoS at opposite ends I feel more inclined to walk through and enjoy what is there, but I feel that the Sports Bar and the Old Sandwich shop are just so outdated that it harms the 'Disneyness' of the Village. If there was a LEGO store it would give the much needed central area a bit of a face lift and would ensure that the Village is a magical shopping experience rather than just 'shopping'.

It's all very exciting and with the rumours for the Studios Hotel and redevelopment of the Studios with new rides (starting with Ratatouille) etc. I think that Disneyland Paris is going to get even more magical over the coming years...

--
Follow me on twitter to see my character pictures and for live tweets from our trips to the Disney Parks!!

Next Trips:
30th April - 1st May 2016 - Disneyland Paris
23-24 July 2016 - Disneyland Paris
22nd July - 5th August 2017 - Walt Disney World

www.facebook.com/DisneyMart

Now posting trip pictures on Instagram
0 permalink
1/22/2013 11:25 AM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

Yeah, LEGO has a LOT of great Star Wars sets (as well as LOTR, Harry Potter, etc etc which obviously aren't Disney but still cool :P). I hope with having LEGO stores at both US Downtown Disneys and now DLP that they someday have a few park specific LEGO sets that can only be found there. The Build a Bear in the Disneyland Downtown Disney has a few special bears and clothes that can only be found there... would be amazing if there were a few Disney based LEGO sets that you could only get at the Disney based LEGO stores.

I agrees that the World of Disney and the corresponding changes they made to the entrance plaza have made a world of difference... it is sooo much better now. There are definitely still improvements to be made but I think the LEGO store is a big step in the right direction... I really hope before too long there is a complete makeover of the exterior of all the older building in Disney Village to go with the newer and much nicer exteriors.

--
Visit the Disney Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and information!
0 permalink